Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hey There, Roommate.

A few nights ago I went to Oklahoma Joe's BBQ. I had dinner with a friend and during the navigation of the long line and at the table we had a great talk about life. My friend who is three years older and single told me he was tired of being single and wanted to find a woman closer in age to him compared to the younger one's he's been dating. This friend is 48 years old and looks 30. A good looking guy who has the ability to date almost anyone from their 20's to whatever age he should choose. But the realization that someone closer to his age would make him happier than just a pretty face.

While we were talking after dinner in the parking lot a policeman patrolling the property walked up and joined in on the conversation. The three of us talked about relationships. Me, a friend, and a random stranger with a gun. The officer explained his relationship and said it was 25 yrs mature and that just like anything it takes work on both ends. I agreed that I wasn't totally innocent when everything dissolved. I played my part. I could have or should have done this or that but didn't. 

Our conclusion after the talk was that when a relationship ends up like a roommate situation it may be time to go. Unfortunately that's what happened in my household. We were two roommates who didn't get along. I'm pretty much on my own now except when my daughter hangs out for a few days. I absolutely love it when she comes over but more less I'm alone and I love it!

It's funny when certain people tell you that you couldn't or can't make it on your own. Although I play dumb sometimes just so I don't have to do certain things, never ever think I can't do anything I set my mind to. I'm single and not dating, which is perfectly fine with me, but I'm starting to think it might be time that I find someone to have fun with. I'm not in the market for a wife, girl friend, or roommate but I do believe that a friend of the opposite sex can have a very positive effect on one's confidence, self esteem, and swagger!

I'm driving home from Oklahoma City today and felt like writing something and this is it. Love it, hate it, or throw it in the trash but take a good look at your life. Figure out if the one you're with is your biggest fan, your lover, or just another roommate! Love the one you're with...

No comments: