Tuesday, July 8, 2008

To my old friends...

I want to tell everyone about a few messages I've received lately. One was from Karin Marrow Livella. I went to school with Karin at St.Agnes. Karin surprised me with an email yesterday. Thank you Karin. I feel honored you would remember me! I was happy to hear from you and the family looks awesome. It has been so long. And you thought I forgot about our Mr. Dalton, Mr. Landers, and Sister Marcella days! No way.




This year has brought about so many people from my past. It is so nice to hear from people from so long ago. It means a lot to me when people take the time to write, place a call, or send a message. I think it's awesome when you think about your memory of someone. I remember everyone and I have memories of anyone that I came across in my youth. I often wonder if I made an impression. Does anyone remember me? So when I get a message it makes me feel good.




I also received a message from Kent Fossland yesterday, another classmate who I hadn't heard from in years. He told me his experience with cancer and I thank you Mr.Fossland. I love to hear other stories about sadness and sickness. That might sound bad but it makes you respect other people and their journey. They say with pain comes growth. I wouldn't wish it on anyone but this experience has made me appreciate my life and those around me more then ever.




One last blast from the past. Nanci Noble. Nanci is the mother of Jill Sandin, well it's Jill Green now, but it was Jill Sandin. Jill was a girl I liked my freshman year in high school. We attended JC Harmon High together. We were both new to this big school and some how made a connection. My grade school was Rosedale and hers was Argentine. We were both new to high school and out to make new friends when we met. Jill was my first date I ever had. We went to a school dance together and I remember being so nervous. I don't recall all the details but I do remember eating with Jill and her mother. It was out of the ordinary for me to go anywhere with a girl so the memory is still vivid. Jill was a cheerleader and I remember thinking how lucky I was to go with her. Every one liked Jill but she was my date. Her mother Nanci sent me such a nice email about a month ago and it made me feel great. First, that she would remember me. Second, that she would take the time to wish my beautiful daughter best wishes. Sometimes you think you go unnoticed but every once in awhile you make an impression. Maybe I made one back then, who knows, but it was Nanci that made one in June 2008. I haven't ran into Jill in years but I know she's doing great and married a great guy from our neighborhood.

I'm watching my sons baseball game and better get back to it but I thought I'd drop a line. If we haven't talked in awhile send me an email. If you have something good or bad to say I'd like to hear it. My email is michael@inadtv.com and once again I want to say thanks to Karin,Kent, Nanci and everyone who has sent encouraging words!
MQ

No comments: