Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hopefully you'll never know...

Have you ever been sick? Have you ever had a family member sick? Have you ever had your child sick? Hopefully not, but chances are you've had to fight some sort of sickness in your life. The thing about sickness is it's usually associated with the the flu, the cold, the stomache ache. The next level generally hits a family member. The relative who comes down with something that gets the whole family talking. The Uncle in Fresno with the stroke, the Grandma with a tumor, or your Mother with breast cancer. All of these scenerios are devastating but come second to the day you have a doctor tell you that your child has cancer. Give me, my sister, my mom, or anyone I know those hurtful words "you have cancer" but please spare my kid!


In a perfect world we might never have to utter those words. But it's not a perfect world and we have to take each diagnosis but it does happen. My mother has went through cancer, my sister, and my uncle. you can never prepare for the words CANCER when it comes to your child.

No comments: