Saturday, June 14, 2008

Maybe...


I wanted to inform everyone that Kaylee does not have a fracture in her leg. We spent yesterday at the hospital getting x-rays and they showed Kaylee has no broken bones. We decided it was best to be safe so we made the trip to CMH. It took some time out of our afternoon but the news was worth the time. Kaylee must have twisted it.


Kaylee spent the night at her best friend Allysa's house last night. It is so nice to see her getting back to normal. I got a little sick with the fact that we had to travel to CMH yesterday. I thought how unfair. This kid keeps plugging away but has to deal with obstacle after obstacle. Her little body is so fragile. I always want to help her but she wants no assistance. I feel for her. Her little wig doesn't fit anymore because her hair is growing back. The hair is at a small growth she doesn't feel good with. She wears a small stocking cap to conceal her new found hair. She wears a hoodie. I'm guessing it's because her body temperature swings back and forth. When we are out in public it is obvious that she is battling back from something. I catch people looking all the time. I notice people trying to figure it out. I as the father want to scream she has cancer but that's not allowed. The majority of all people have no clue that any of us can be thrown into sickness at any moment.


I get into trouble because there are those that ask Kaylee what's wrong. Especially with her little hobble. She always replies that she twisted her ankle. I sometimes fill in the other part about cancer and Kaylee doesn't like it. I only do this when I can tell that the person is sincerly interested in what this little girl is battling. I think anyone fighting or being inconvenienced with things such as ours should be applauded. I would grab every kid and reward them if I could. I think anyone robbed of their youth, childhood should be noted for bravery. These children face things most will never face and depend on institutions and professionals to get them better. How scary. I think trying to survive is hard enough for most but being dependent on things outside the norm is troubling. What if the family you were born into has trouble providing three meals a day then suddenly they have to figure out how to get meds? It hurts me dearly to think about other families and the things that some have to deal with. Let the kids be kids, life is hard enough as it is!


I wonder sometimes if God gave me this so I could make a difference. Maybe I was chosen to handle this situation for a reason? Maybe it will be Michael Quijas who helps in some way. Maybe it is me that contributes in some way that makes things easier for families. Maybe God delivered this sickness to my door for a reason. Maybe!

No comments: