Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sleepovers and sickless days...


My troubles started last Father's Day. Kaylee had arrived home from Florida the night before Father's Day. It was Sunday, Father's Day, and Kaylee became ill. I thought she was fibbing. I reasoned she was holding out on the Father's Day because she was detached from her computer for a whole week. I told her at one point to get off the computer during our BBQ because I wasn't falling for her tactics.

Kaylee progressively got worse. During the first week Kaylee had flu symptoms. She was sick. Tonight Kaylee went to the Plaza for dinner. Last night she spent the night with Bailee Woods. Two nights ago she stayed with Allysa. Wednesday she stayed with my sister Kelly. Kaylee looks and feels so good. I am so proud of her. She is self conscious about certain things but loves her life and her situation at the moment.

Kaylee said she was so comfortable at Bailee's home. I told her how nice it was for me to hear that. The Woods picked Kaylee up last night around 6:30. They took her to their house. I had about an hour with the family. I love them. We have a friendship based off similar experiences. No hidden agenda. No false promises. Our kids are the glue that bonded us. I can't tell you how special the friendship with the Woods family is, but let me suggest a thing to you. If you ever get something as devastating as a cancer diagnosis, keep your eyes open because God might be as kind to you as he was to us when he teamed us up with the Woods family.

I'm going to bed. I have a house full of kids tonight and the sound of laughter is filling our home. I feel like I'm going to sleep exceptionally well. Have a good night and a better tomorrow!

No comments: