Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Leaves and Laps

Last night Tammie and my sister had a birthday dinner for me. There was about 20 people that showed up. It was mainly all my family but a few others stopped by. I was surprised when they told me that 15-20 people would be coming. I was surprised but startled. Startled that I would end up cooking for so many people. My yard has not been taken care of and my grill was not utilized this winter. The last minute booking frightened me.

All that stuff I wasted my time worrying about was insignificant. We had a great time. It wasn't stressful and we all had good food and a great time. I must say that I had one of the best birthdays yesterday. I had so many phone calls, text messages, and emails. I was surprised so many people came to my little dinner and so many people remembered my big day. It was nice.

My yard looks horrible compared to the neighbors. I let the yard work go last year. The summer was chaotic due to Kay's illness. I must confess that I have never been good at yard work. But last summer and fall was terrible. I didn't care about the yard or anything else for that matter. It was all about Kaylee.

Kaylee is doing great. We had an appointment this morning at CMH. Her counts are looking good and Kaylee looks wonderful. We are going to start swimming together. I need to lose weight and Kay needs to gain strength. I'll keep you posted. Have a great day and a wonderful week!

No comments: