Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Moans...

So it's my birthday today. I went for a walk with Garth this morning. It was my reflection time this morning and I enjoyed it. I must say that I have had a great life. Some things I would change but over all it has been a good life. There has been lessons to be learned, there has been joy, and there has been heartbreak. What have I learned?

Today I respect life and I don't take it for granted. I feel strong. I feel like there is purpose for me and purpose for all that has taken place. Everything has had a way of working out for me. I'm not completely out of the woods but I have my sights set on the target. We are going to get healthy and we are going to succeed at what ever we do!

I think about the moans. The pain and the sound of pain has been traumatic. Last night I found out just how much. We had a baseball game and our batter was up to bat and the fastball hit him directly in the face. I did not see the pitch or the painful hit but I saw this child on the floor moaning after the fact. I thought it was Christian. My gut dropped. It wasn't Bubba but this little 12-yr. old was moaning from the pain. He was so hurt. I started crying. I can't tell you how I must of became immune to the sound of pain for survival in my baby girl. Last night it wasn't my child but it spilled out of me because of the fact it wasn't my kid. I have been so geared to deal with whatever to survive. I have tucked the pain away and last night seeing a child on the ground moaning has my heart hurting today. Our batter, Connor, is fine and there was no serious damage but I pray for a speedy recovery and I pray that no kid should ever have to feel pain ever again.

No comments: