Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Jewel...

Kaylee was denied the maintenance phase for at least one more week because she didn't make counts. We had anticipated balloons and cake for the occasion but we'll have to hold out for just a little longer. We are going to throw a party for this little girl soon to celebrate. She missed her birthday and has missed out on the entire school year so we feel obligated to have a celebration for her life and this experience soon. Should it be contained to just our little family or should I make it huge and a production? Any suggestions? I might let her answer that question, huh? I want a big party to make up for her lost time, but Kaylee is so simple and sweet that a cake and ice cream would be just fine.

My good friend Charlie DeCoursey met with me and delivered autographed photos of the Sonic guys from the commercials. Might not sound like a huge thing to most but it was a treat to get that special treatment when it is hard to leave the house. I can't wait to give the other photo to Jillian. We enjoy the kindness extended to our family! I always try to spice up the day for Kay. So a personalized message from an unexpected person or people is flattering.


My daughter was smiling and looking so much better last night that I can't tell you how nice it is to see someone, especially your daughter, get back to their old self. Kaylee is such a beautiful person and has such a kind and caring soul. All parents would say the same I'm sure but I have a jewel here and I'm proud to say it!

No comments: