Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Weight of Love...

I went to the gym today after I found myself thinking how important it is that I be able to lift Kaylee or any other family member if the duty is called. Unfortunately for Kaylee that time has come for her. If she leaves her bed for any reason it is me who has the honor of taking her. I found my self feeling weak as I lifted this fourth straight day.

It makes me feel so good that Kaylee has her dad to do the lifting. It is scary to think what Tammie and Kaylee would do if I was gone or absent. They would make adjustments but being here makes me appreciate those roles again. Tammie has been sleeping with Kaylee and I have been lifting her. ROLES OF A PARENT!

It has been hard mentally the last few days. Kaylee is hurting from the pain and she is bored from the pain. Her only option is laying in bed and it is getting old. We get to the dining room table for breaks but that just isn't enough. She is getting messages from friends that are shopping, buying cars, and leaving for work. Pain on top of pain. But what do you do?

I caught myself looking at children in the grocery store today. I was scanning the little kids thinking how I never thought I would be carrying my fifteen year old girl when she was their age. The fact is that I was oblivious to the fact that anything could go whacky with my child's health. It just couldn't happen to me or mine. But it did!

We will get pass this moment, we will be fine. Bailee Woods came by the house today and it was so nice to see her and watch her move around. She looks so good! The last time we saw her she was in the hospital and barely conscious. Today she came by to see her good friend, Kaylee. When Bailee left she jump in the drivers seat of the car and drove her family down the street. I was so happy the Woods' came by today because I feel so attached to them seeing us go through the same kind of things.

No comments: