Friday, February 8, 2008

Hot Gravel...

I feel like documenting our last few days today because I never want to forget these days. As much as I want to get this time period behind us I feel compelled to remember this moment for as long as I live.

Kaylee has been battling pain for the last few days. We have never encounter pain as bad as this round. It has been happening for 5 days. Her feet feel like she is walking on hot gravel. She can no longer walk and I have to carry her to her destination. We think it is the steroids but we are not sure. She can't sleep because the pain keeps her a wake. She is past crying and moans continously throughout the night. I watch the discomfort every morning.

Tammie has slept with Kaylee for 3 nights. She is helpless and can only watch. Tammie has tried wash rags on the head, heating pads, and rubbing. There is absolutely nothing we can do. Kaylee is so beautiful. She says it hurts her to see us not be able to lend that magic hand. She said she couldn't imagine watching her child suffer like we do. How powerful is that? She said as bad as it is for her, she feels for us. Beautiful, beautiful child.

It is amazing how you become immune to a situation. You have to to survive. I watch this stuff everyday and have learned to walk out the door and start my day. I have to admit that it is hard to concentrate when these tough times hit. I have to face the day and feed this family. So if you see me on the street and I seem distant please forgive me. I might be walking and talking but my mind is with a child who is battling sickness.

No comments: