Saturday, February 16, 2008

Too little too late...

I dropped a $100.00 bill last night. I was at the Hy-Vee located at 77th & Stateline when I pulled money out of my pocket and unknowingly dropped a $100.00 bill on the floor. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder and handed me my money. I was shocked, told him thank you and he left. I was stunned for a moment. This young guy gave me money. No one saw me dropp this money and he could of easily kept it. He didn't.

I was so upset that I didn't give him my card, my number, or I didn't purchase his items. I was shocked for a moment, a moment too long because this person walked out the door. When it dawned on me that I didn't say the appropriate thank you it was too late. I was so mad at my self.

I could not believe that someone could do something so nice. I hope he is blessed with incredible Karma from yesterday on. This act of kindness was meaningful to me for several reasons. I felt blessed for moment that someone would do such a nice thing for me. It showed me that there is good out there. It was an example of good vs. bad decisions. It was an example of doing the right thing without being obligated to do the right thing. It was deeper for me than it might have been before our sickness.

If someone drops their money give it to them. If you need to tell someone thank you, do it before its too late. If you do good today then it will come back to you tomorrow. Good night!

No comments: