Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bigger things to worry about...


I was thinking about how certain things or circumstances don't really get me upset as they once did. I sit here ready to give examples and I can't think of any. Lets just say that there's almost nothing that can upset me. As long as it doesn't threaten me, I'm fine. Something about this sickness.


Since we started this recovery process I'm convinced that there are so many other things in life to get worked up over. Bad news, tragedy, and disppointment might be a few but petty issues aren't going to cloud my days. I choose to focus on good things. If something doesn't pose a danger or a need for immediate action then I pass these days on any kind of conflict. This makes me feel like I've grown as a person. Who would think that something like sickness could make you grow as human. It has opened my eyes to for the better.


I went to a Bone Marrow Drive this morning. The drive was for Kerry Magana. She is fourteen and battling leukemia like Kaylee. Just like Kaylee, she has A.L.L.. Kerry relapsed and needs a marrow transplant. I battled the weather and made it down for the drive. I was connected to the event by circumstances of health. If that doesn't make sense or the wording was wrong, I was also connected by my mild participation in promoting this important event. I received the info for the drive and had Kerry on the Hispanic radio on Friday, in the Hispanic News Daily Newspaper this last week and posted in charitable organizations across town. I felt compelled to help in one way or another. I feel her family's pain.


So what did you today? Well I hope you stay happy and conflict keeps away. If you need to find clarity in your life then look for good things even if it means sifting through things you think are bad. I would recommend that you stay from the events that guided me to see things different. But if heartbreak and saddness does appear I suggest you take whatever good you can find and try to do something great with it. Treat your family well and try to contribute to your community. You might make a difference.



No comments: