Tuesday, January 22, 2008

KC Star...

Hello. I wanted to check in and say hello. I have been busy getting back into the swing of things since the conclusion of our admissions. We started a new cycle of treatments with Kaylee. This round is steroids and shots. Although it is less time in the hospital, it is torture for Kaylee.

The steroids affect your mood, your eating, and your appearance. There has been a change in mood and eating but no physical difference. I hate that she fears the shots. I hate not being able to take the fear away. We are with her on every step of the journey, but she is on her own with the taking the pain part.

I was thinking how important this blog was in helping me during our dark days. At first I was concerned how I might have came across with all the whining and whimpering, but it was my release for six months. It was so helpful to me and my sanity that I will never apologize. It didn't take me long to find my therapeutic release and I am grateful. I look at the alternatives and I admit that someone could easily indulge into something a lot less healthier then a blog. The pain and scare are unbelievable when it deals with your child.

I registered my non-profit, 10 Kids Insured, with the state and now I am filling out my 501(c) 3 paper work with the IRS. The wait for approval can be long, so I am running my foundation through the Truman Heartland foundation. This wonderful operation will expedite my cause without a long wait. It is very exciting. I am setting up meetings with insurance companies that see the potential and want to get on board with this wonderful cause. Different health care foundations are contacting me as well expressing interest. It seems like this idea to help kids with health care might just work.

InAd TV is doing great as well. I am installing McFadden's and Stroud's this week. We received the green light from the Power & Light district last Thursday. I am supposed to be Downtown in four hours. Ouch! The Stroud's install is one that gets me out of the Bar and Nightclub circuit and lands me into a family style atmosphere. Hooray! I like my bars and nightclubs but it will be nice to unveil my product & service in such a renowned place as Stroud's.

There will a story on me next Tuesday in the Business section of the KC Star. It is a section called Emerging Business, and they do a Q & A with entrepreneurs and my number was called. I am privileged and honored. It took long enough. But timing is everything, right? I hope I sound OK in the article. Take a look at the article and keep me in mind if you ever do an ad campaign. I hope to talk soon, thank you for every thing.

No comments: