Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Excess Inventory...


I have to tell everyone about something that happened today. I had an appointment with Operation Breakthrough at 9:00 am and I was blown away. This organization is so incredible. They perform magic every day with the assistance they provide to working families who need a helping hand. I toured the facility and had the opportunity to meet the staff. This dedicated team of volunteers and staff have been doing this for 38 years, and they do it well.
If you are wondering what I am doing with "10 Kids Insured" please let me explain. I am in the process of setting up a non-profit 501c3. This organization will provide medical insurance to 10 uninsured kids a month who live in the metro area. I intend to give children an opportunity at health. I want these kids to visit a doctor when they need to and I want them to know that the bill is taken care of. I am going to team up with an organization who can help me find children that need the help. I am so excited about this project and the potential it has. I may have found my calling in life.
I had so many people tell why it wouldn't work that it became a joke. It wasn't until I started taking the final steps that everyone has started to say, "He can do it!" To tell you how far this has gone, I am negotiating with different Insurance Co.'s to have a health care product just for my organization. This tailored policy will help with copays and deductibles. They are talking. This is exciting.
For those who wonder how I will fund it, I am taking the percentage of ads that would go unsold on my network (industry standard) and unloading them for a cause instead of concert tickets and limousines. These entertainment luxuries are commonly passed around for trade out in the advertising industry. I am doing something highly unusual. I am not in the party mood these days so I elect to donate the excess inventory to a cause I am passionate about. The uninsured kids.
Please pass the word that anyone who does business with InAd TV will be helping out the community. I will take that ad money and insure kids. Please help me make this a success. I can do it and I can make a difference, so can you!

No comments: