Saturday, January 12, 2008

Life Works Best When You Do Things Unlike The Rest...

I can hardly sleep. It's not the stress like it was before but excitement. My new non-profit project "10 Kids Insured" is starting to get legs of its own. I meet with Operation Breakthrough on Monday. They are an organization here in town that does wonderful things for low income families. They said they could provide me families who need insurance. These families are often dealing with tough times and this helping hand from "10Kids Insured" would be priceless.

This cause feels right. I have made the decision to go forward even though I could research two more years, contemplate one more additional year, then maybe proceed. This would seem like the normal route I might have taken in the past, but today I have a different mind set. I will launch, make some mistakes, and learn as I go. Why wait for all the planets to line up. If I string this out then I might not ever do it.

If Operation Breakthrough can help provide the kids then a lot of worry is off my plate. I had so many people tell me that I couldn't proceed without the kids. I always believed that if I started on the path to make my dream a reality then all unknowns would find a way to work themselves out. But can you believe that someone would could find reasons not to do this? I mean I could find a million reasons not to get out of bed. But that's not me. I want to be the guy at the end of the day, who can get into bed and sleep soundly knowing that he is helping Kansas City kids stay healthy! In addition to that, I will be providing peace of mind to families who worried about health care for their loved ones. Who knows, I might make atleast one person sleep soundly as well. Life works best when you do things unlike the rest.

No comments: