Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Coping Mechanism...

I was walking past the computer this morning and thought about coping mechanisms. I used this computer as a tool for the longest time. I had to get by and I found that writing was my tool. In December I wrote 51 blogs. This release or outlet made it possible for me to get it out. I needed to get out the built up pain and confusion. This release made it possible to function. I am grateful.

So many times I spent hours writing to pass the time. This was therapeutic and soothing. I could have ran to the local pub and spilled my guts to the guy next me but I chose to write. In the process I may have bored, depressed, or burdened you. But I did it for me in a healthy format. For this I am thankful. How many times do you get to look at a piece of machinery or technology and get to say thank you? Well that's what I'm saying this morning. Thank you to my computer for being there when I needed you. I couldn't image having to do battle like we did and do without something to alleviate the pain.

If you remember, I was prescribed countless meds to assist in the insomnia, depression, and anxiety. Looking back, it was my laptop who stood in there for me. Some might find this writing to be bizaar and odd but it is my pill that helps me get through. Although I haven't written with the passion I once did, that's OK. I am finding other outlets these days to occupy my thoughts and time. If I could pass any wisdom or advice it would be this. When times find you at a low and out of it, reach for something that is healthy. I could have grabbed a bottle of liquor or something worse, but I decided to entrust in my computer. Weird I know it, but today I can say that no only did it help me survive without going nutts it gave me a script in hand of all that we went through. The countless hours writing has produced something tangible that I will share with myself and others who want to know "how'd you do it"

No comments: