Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1:00 AM 01-01-08...

It's a New Year, I'm not sure if that's capitalized or not, but it will be tonight. I am comfortable and thankful that we are home. I'm in my comfortable bed watching the movie, Monster, with Charlize Theron. I'm writing tonight for the first time in a few days, I haven't got much to say but I'll just write and see where it goes.

New Years Eve's I remember:

1986 - Tammie and I went to Nick Jones' house. I didn't want to drive Tammie home for curfew at or around 1:00 AM that night, so I had John Zuniga do the drive in my Jeep Renegade. He never made it back but called hours later to tell me that my Jeep was totaled. I remember he couldn't recall any details while he was on the phone. I just wanted to know if Tammie was alright, and where I could find the Jeep. Nothing. Well Tammie wasn't in the wreck and the Jeep was totaled.

1989 - I was at a convenience store on Main St. when a guy was shot or was shot at. I remember hearing gunshots and everyone scattering. I can't remember the details because we all got scared and drove off. If I remember right it was a drive by, or someone shooting from a parked car.

1990 - Tammie and I were living in LA, and we decided to traveled to Las Vegas for the big night. We went to several night clubs and stayed far from the strip. The one thing we didn't anticipate was a sold out Vegas. There were no rooms anywhere so we stayed off the strip in a seedy motel. It didn't matter because we never made it back to the room until early the next day.

1994 - I threw a party for Kaylee and for all my nieces and nephews. I had the party favors and decorated the house with balloons. We had pizza and we brought in the new year as a family. Safe and sound.

1999 - I drove a limo in San Diego. The big scare was that all the computers where going to crash. I was hired to take a group of kids to a concert. I think it was a big Blink 182 show. I think it was held at SDSU. I'm a little foggy about the details but it was peaceful.

2000 - Our family and several others went to San Diego Bay for a concert and family night. It was relaxing and a treat when they pulled our kids on stage to dance and sing. I can remember it vividly.

2005 - Stayed home.

2006 - Went to McCoy's Pub House in Westport for a couple drinks.

2007 - Laid in bed.

No comments: