Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye...

I'm just about :32 minutes away from sending '07 off without regret. We look forward to 2008, and all the good health it can bring. I have to admit that this year was the worst year of my entire life. Sure I've been enlightened and blessed with emotions that were deep inside but I wish I could have never been introduced to cancer. Not through my daughter.

So if you were married, had a baby, or got promoted, then more power to you. My year was a year that dropped horrible news, consequences, and a change of life style that can be all but forgotten. I'm not sure If I lived much of this year after June 21, 2007. I really just coasted through with the anticipation of time passing, and it passed quickly. Thank you Mr. Time.

I look forward to living each day blessed from here on out. I will not take life for granted as I have. I'm going to do good things in the community and not assume others will do it. I will treat my family with kindness and appreciation. I will be a friend that friends want to have. I will say sorry when sorry is warranted. If I feel just about a cause I will not sit idle in the background as I always have. If I can make a difference then I will.

So many years come and go, but '07 will always be remembered. I can't say it will be remembered for the best of things but it will be remembered. They say risk brings greatness. I hope our risky situation will bring out the greatness not only for my family but people who are around us. I say coast or cruise when you find it necessary but remember any ground you've made will be lost if you stay in that gear. So clear your head and focus on whats in front of you and know that any thing besides your health is fixable.

I'm sitting at my dining room table writing one last paragraph before the year ends. As I do I can hear laughter and giggles from my baby girl's room. I was concerned how she would bring in her New Year, alone with mom and dad. That scenario was quickly eliminated as her friend Rachel Parsons knocked at the door. Kaylee has made it through 2007. We had some scary times but they are gone today, it's a new year and we have new plans. Tonight Kaylee and Rachel will bring in 2008 with laughter, friendship, and good company. I wish every one a Happy New Year.

No comments: