Tuesday, December 25, 2007

This Man...


Merry Christmas everyone. I am writing quick and to the point because I'm at ease tonight and I haven't got much to say. This feeling creeps in every time we get home from a hospitalization. I am so comfortable and carefree that much thought into anything would sour my mood. I have no problems right now. I am thankful and I am in love. I'm so in love with my family. Everyone is home and in their designated rooms and I have my thoughts about this day, this evening.


How many times have you thought to yourself, "This day is perfect" or "This is the best present ever" or "I couldn't ask for anything more." We've all felt or said those words at some time or another. Today I confess that I never truly knew the meaning to any of those phrases until December 24, 2007. I've said it, I might have felt it in the past, but today was the pure and sincere feeling of those catch phrases. Today is one of the best days I've ever had.


I ate too much. I ate bad food and drank soda all day. I didn't climb a mountain and I didn't save a baby from a burning building. But I had a milestone of my own. I relaxed with my children all day long. I got to spend the day with Kaylee, on the couch, at the table, at home. I would have never imagined we would be out of the hospital. I was ready to spend Christmas in the CMH. I was ready to rub a back of a child getting sick. I was ready to turn the lights low and write to pass the time. I was ready to deliver the pep talk to both kids, I was ready to give the "wait til next year" talk. Everything I was ready for, got derailed. I'm fine with that.


I can not tell you how beautiful my day, night, and tomorrow will be. We are out and the truth is that I couldn't have asked for a better present. Listen again. I couldn't ask for a better day, no matter what was presented. We have our little ones doing whatever they do. Watching TV, playing video games, texting. Our sickness disappeared as we drove off from the hospital. I can't explain the turn of events, but something blessed us and we are grateful. This man has been around a few holiday's and special day's, but this day and this time is the best a father could ever ask for. I'm not sure what our future has in store, but today is my day and I'm going love it like there is no tomorrow.

No comments: