Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Straight Ahead...


I went to Paddy O'Quigley's in Leawood last night to check out the new TV systems we put in the restrooms. My guy's re-installed and upgraded the TV's above the urinals. I originally only put one monitor above the two urinals. The TV looked good but it was dead smack between the urinals. The guy's using the restroom wouldn't look at the LCD if there's someone next to them. They stare straight ahead. I don't want to say that we did a field test, but it was noticeable. The TV was high and in the middle, the guys we noticed wouldn't look at the TV. Guys are funny, when we use the restroom and if there's someone standing to the left or right, we look straight ahead. We never look low or to the side. Straight ahead.



I've created a living based off of Kansas City restrooms. So if you wonder why I'm telling you about patterns and techniques of men using the restroom, it's my business the way you do your business. I need everyone to look at my TV's for at least :30 seconds. Just :30 of your time please. I sell advertising and views, impressions, and captive eye balls are important. The new sound systems and positioned TV's are perfect. Perfect enough that customers were talking about it as I walked in last night.



Have you ever been so submerged into a project, work, or your life and you didn't realize the scope, magnitude, or consequences of your actions? I am going through this right now. I keep installing my TV network around town (I landed The Power and Light District this last Friday) and I've forgotten why I'm doing this. I am so caught up in implementing that I forgot why I started InAd TV. The day to day has taken away from the day dream. The hard work is being done now. I'm not out digging ditches but running a network and installing that network is tiring at times. Last night I got to hear, see, and feel my accomplishments.

I'm living a dream. I have a product that is easily recognized. I can ask almost any one under 40 yrs. of age if they've seen the TV's above the urinals or TV's in mirrors in restaurants and the answer is yes, 90% of the time. Those are mine and I'm proud of my creation. I have a TV channel and I can broadcast anything I want. I am fulfilling a dream. I am dictating and steering my future in the direction that I've chosen. I dream and I believe. But sometimes the path isn't always clear,the work, and the dream seems distant.


I want to thank everyone who believed in me and assisted me on my journey. I am starting to understand the importance of team work. If I was on my own I wouldn't be here, I'd be just another guy with a good idea. Although I spent much time in the beginning by myself, it wasn't until the team started coming together to that results started appearing. The word fortitude keeps popping up. Marching forward through the struggles, the fight, and the adversity has made me truly understand that without tough times and learning curves you never really grow. If everything was always smooth sailing then you would never know the sweetness of accomplishment. Everything would be predictable. I think unpredictability is a good element at times.



I guess I brought this issue up for a reason. Sometimes we do things in life that satisfy ourselves. Sometimes we do things for others, but in the end we have to find the things that can define who we are. It might be your family, your work, or your hobby's that brings definition to your life. I ask all of you to dig deep and ask yourself if you are doing that thing or those things that make you happy. If so, more power to you. If not try to make a change. Do something out of the ordinary and make a change. Write a book, join a club, volunteer. Do something that might open new doors. I have to say the feeling is very liberating and enriching.





Well I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Remember that we aren't guaranteed tomorrow, and those things that you put off may become regrets if not explored and put to rest. I am a dreamer and I am a doer. I take chances and gamble at times. I might get away with it but you might not, I might be able to afford to take a chance where you can't. There's no wrong or right answer, no right move or wrong move, it's all about forward motion. Live life and push forward.

No comments: