Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lois W. Kreighbaum 1917 - 2007


Today Tammie attended her Grandmothers funeral. I knew her fairly well since I've been with Tammie forever. Her Grandfather C.W. passed away in 2005. I remember her grandparents as a sharp dressed couple. I remember them holding Kaylee as a baby. This memory was deep set because I didn't have grandparents while Kaylee was a baby. I always thought that it was such a nice thing to see Kay with generations of family. I was extremely close to my grandpa but he passed in the early eighties. Roy Sellers was his name.


I just asked Tammie about Lois. I wanted to know if she was doing alright in the nursing home. We planned on visiting soon. I wanted Tammie to visit her Grandmother because she truly loved her and she was getting up there in age, 90. But timing is everything. We are limited to our road trips these days, especially with the cancer treatments. Unfortunately we weren't able to make that trip in time. I feel bad for Tammie because she always mentions her Grandparents when she talks of her childhood. I hate to see someone hurt, I really hate to see my love one's hurt.


My memories will be that of Kaylee sitting on the lap of C.W. and Lois, and I'll always have the memory of me bringing Rosedale BBQ to the get togethers. C.W. would always say "this is tasty stuff." Grandma always had that perfect red lipstick and those fancy clothes. I'm part of the family and I send my condolences to the kids, grandchildren, and the extended family. I guarantee Lois is enjoying her self with C.W. and God tonight. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair but taking a look at the memories, life, and legacy is relief and the thing that can make you say "that woman was my grandma, she lived a good life, and I wouldn't trade that in for anything." Rest in Peace.

No comments: