Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hey You...


Well it hasn't happened yet. Our beautiful daughter is still admitted in CMH. It is 1:23 AM on Tuesday morning, December 4, 2007. Kaylee was so close to being released but stopped eating because of a hurt mouth. She almost cleared her counts but quite eating and drinking because of the painful mouth. So we are at the mercy of time and the counts that are taken every twelve hours. We test again at 10 AM tomorrow morning and then again at 10 PM tomorrow night. What a life.

Kaylee has been in her room all day and has had her mother with her the entire time. Again it says something about both girls. They sit together all day, and night. Tammie never complains and never wants to leave for more then a trip home to see Christian. A great person and even a better mom. Kaylee is impressive. She does what she needs to. She doesn't moan whether it's mouth sores or another delay in her departure. Both are strong and both are mine.

I wanted to fill you in on our progress. I wanted to share a snapshot of the Quijas day. I wish I could tell you more but I only spent an hour or two on the fourth floor tonight. I had meetings and appointments all day. I didn't make it to the shift change as normal. I had to work, it makes me wonder what we would do if we didn't have the flexibility. I feel for those who might have to leave their child. I can't leave her alone and neither can Tammie. We are not going to have any regrets about our fight and this time in life.

Please say a prayer for our family.

No comments: