Tuesday, December 4, 2007

.08...


What's in a number? Well let me tell you. We get discharged when Kaylee's chemo levels in her body drop to .10, but since she hasn't been able to release her poison they, the doctors, want her levels to be .08. We've come close to our number but we are off by tenths. Tenths. This means we have to stay until it gets low, or lower.


We are fine with this decision because it protects my child but it is hell juggling between the house, the hospital, and everyday obligations. We're lucky to be able to relieve each other and work around this illness. Kaylee is doing her time and doing it well. I just want my kid home and I'm praying those numbers hit tonight. As much as I'd like to hit my Lotto numbers, I'd take our chemo numbers over them tonight, hands down.


The time is 11:50 Pm and we are patiently waiting for the test results to come back so we can see if the girls get to sleep in their own beds tonight or if we'll have to wait until tomorrow to test again. So if you have some mental powers or an angel, I have some Lotto tickets we can trade for a trip home tonight. An even up trade!

No comments: