Friday, November 30, 2007

Up with the Sun, Gone with the Wind...


Does anyone know the artist of the song of which I named the title of this blog? Early morning trivia! Well if you get it right I'm going to arrange 7 days & 6 nights at the cozy, all inclusive resort at 2401 Gillham Rd., Kansas City, MO 64108. Your stay might demand you wear a mask depending on the floor your given. Washing your hands is strongly recommended. Can you name the location?

Ha! If I could only get a book deal. I would write, write, write. I'm discovering that I'm not half bad when it comes to writing. I know my grammar and spelling is less than desirable but you can't be perfect. Maybe that's my Wyandotte County Flair. My signature move. Putting words such as "were & we're" in sentences misspelled. One of my other big one is "use & used", keep watching you'll see it. Some slang and sorrow, I gotcha covered.

Well today might be a record. The 5 more minute man raised the bar. (Christian when I try to wake him) This time he hit high, "just 30 more minutes dad", I love it. Not 5, 10, or 12.5, but 30! He got his 30 and if we miss the bus, who cares. I've parked the car in the garage - just in case.

Kaylee finished the chemo last night so we wait to see how long it takes to flush from her system. The IV wasn't taken out due to the meds she's taking to fight her illness. They needed to keep it in to counter certain medication. Not my strong point again. Tammie and Kaylee are quit good with their medical knowledge. I'm impressed with the medical terms, procedures, and milligrams that both my girls know.

I hope Kaylee can release the chemo quickly and our counts allow us to leave. We want to nurse our child at home. The hospital was so full that we had to take a room in the transplant room. We try not to be superstitious but we want out of the transplant side of the cancer unit. It is an erie place. The nurses wear protective gear when they enter most rooms. The doors remain closed and deep illness fills the halls. I assume not to cross that bridge until we have, if we ever have to. So say a prayer for a child named Kaylee Marie Quijas, and hopefully the big man upstairs will give the green light to go home!

No comments: