Friday, November 2, 2007

Jet Black & 100


Kaylee slept yesterday. She was resting and sleeping her time away. Her best friend, Alyssa, visited the hospital yesterday and stayed for hours. It made me feel good that Kaylee was sleeping, but knew her best pal in the world was sitting next to her bed all day. I'm sure she takes mom & dad for granted, she knows we'll always be there, but to awake and have that best friend next to you is second to none.

They are doing tests today to see if Kaylee is becoming diabetic. It is common for children fighting leukemia to become a diabetic. We hope she isn't but will deal with it if she is. On a better note, Kaylee's hair is growing back at a rapid pace. It's jet black. I'm excited to see if it will be curly, straight, or the same. We also hit 100 lbs.! I almost forgot. We have gained back some weight and have hair growing, not too bad for a family boxing leukemia.

Tonight is the school play. I am a little nervous. I will have to say a few words to a crowd of 800 patrons. My public speaking hasn't been the talk of the town in recent years, but I'll do my best. So if you're in the neighborhood tonight, our production starts at 7:30 PM, the doors open at 7:00 PM. Please come and watch if you can. Have a great weekend.

No comments: