Saturday, November 3, 2007

Juggling & Dancing...


Tonight was great. The "West Side Stage" held a performance in honor of Kaylee. The Comedy of Errors was the play and we felt special. The kids have so much talent and did such a great job. We were so amazed at the talent.


We were also taken back when they held a tribute describing Kaylee at the intermission. I was extremely taken back when I was called up on stage to deliver a speech in front of hundreds. I anticipated the moment but was nervous. Tammie and Christian joined me on stage. It made it easier for me having the family by my side.


The funny thing to me is that balance & harmony you must have as a couple. Tammie will not do the public speaking thing if I'm anywhere near. She leaves that part of our relationship to me. I love it. The speaking part isn't enjoyable but the stand up part is. It makes me feel strong to pick up those things that make Tammie nervous or weak. The first time I can remember vividly. Kaylee was going to be baptized and we had to take our Catholic class because Tammie wasn't Catholic. We had to get in front of several couples and talk about our lives. It was nerve racking. But when Tammie wouldn't talk I had to. It's been my job ever since.


I've had to do it numerous times. But lately I've had to do it more then usual. Our functions and benefits have turned me into the spokesperson for our cause. Is it grooming me for bigger things? Who knows, but I wonder if it's Kaylee making me a better man. Is it coincidence that I'm doing this or was this my calling and it took Kay getting sick to make me confront it? I hope not, well who am I to question fate. I just wish we could of left the sickness out if that's the case.


My two beautiful nieces Emily and Bailey stayed with Kaylee at CMH. They were so kind to keep Kay company while we accepted the night. Our daughter is looking so much better then the day before. She was up and communicating the entire night. Her spirits looked up and we felt comfortable leaving. Kaylee told me to do something silly on stage. I was tempted but how do you compete against jugglers and dancers?

No comments: