Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tell me about Kaylee...


Kaylee was released from the hospital on late Saturday evening. They got home early Sunday. Kaylee was dangerously low on potassium. I guess really low potassium levels can lead to major organ failure. I'm getting this second hand, and haven't done research on the importance of this word potassium. Hell I might be spelling it wrong.

Kaylee was also having a bloody nose that wouldn't stop. Kay is anemic. Bloody anything can be bad. So she is home and checks back in next week. We are taking a new pill for the potassium. It is the biggest pill I've ever seen. It scares Kay, big pills, because she has problems swallowing enormous pills.


Kaylee was depressed yesterday. She said she is tired. She is tired of everything. Tammie explained that she has only a short period of intense treatment left. We have 57 days left of this tortuous round of chemo. Her little hand is hurt and swollen from an IV they placed in her left hand. We normally don't recieve IV's because we have a port implanted in Kays chest. It makes it easier to access veins and administer medicine. Our port is a single port, we needed fluids combined with the single port so the doctor placed an IV in her hand. It hurt and swelled her little hand.


My insomnia is coming back, but I'm going to turn the lights off and try to sleep. Goodnight.

No comments: