Friday, October 5, 2007

Provisions



I'm into my family. I appreciate everyone under our roof a little more these days. Don't get me wrong, I've always appreciated and loved, but it's just a little deeper these days. I think about things differently. I look at things differently.



So I am looking at my family tonight. Eating, homework, and laundry are just a few things going on. I feel so honored and privileged to provide the food, the house, and the detergent for the clothes. Silly? Maybe it's a faze or maybe I slowed down to realize that I am blessed. Blessed to have a family, blessed to be with my kids, blessed to watch them as they eat those Pop Tarts and popcorn.

I do the grocery shopping for our family. I always have and always will, I enjoy it. Tammie doesn't. So what we have is balance. She doesn't mind laundry and I don't mind the grocery store. Balance.


I know everyones favorites. Christian loves his spicy Cheez-its and Fuse drinks, Kaylee favors her Pop Tarts and egg rolls, and Tammie enjoys her dips and chips. I've never really had that one thing, I like it all. Not the most healthy selection, but who cares. I just love that they have their tastes. Their favorites. Their individuality.
So please excuse me if I tell you my story, our story, and its random. I just thought I'd share a snap shot of our night and a range of our likes. Just remember, if you see me shopping for creamy corn or a tenderloin, its because I can't farm or hunt. If you see me shopping for a Pop Tart, a Cheez-it, or some bean dip its because an order has been placed and I'm the lucky guy that gets to fill it. I'm blessed.

No comments: