Sunday, September 16, 2007

Random Arrival




Our event on August 27, 2006, was a success. The community showed up and some old friends as well. But the biggest surprise was Keith Padgett. I have not seen him since high school and he made the trip to Lee's Summit for my kid. He brought his wife and kids. It was a pleasant surprise.



The bands, the people, and the generousity was overwhelming. Everyone there made the night a memorable one. I thought I was going to be consumed with entertaining and talking. But the night flowed and we made it through. I didn't get to talk with everyone for as long as I'd like to have.
Keith's arrival was different. He drove across the city to attend something for my family. He made time to come. He doesn't know me besides high school. But he showed his support and I thank him. I can honestly say that we never talked on the phone. I never stayed the night or had dinner with him or his family in high school. I think I did stay the night once. But the parents were out of town.



Keith is a father and husband. I'm sure he is sympathetic to our situation. Like most parents would be and are. I thank you Mr. & Mrs. Padgett for your attendance!

No comments: