Saturday, September 29, 2007

Meagan Fitch



I just recieved a letter from my sister in Los Angeles, Angela Coleman, enclosed was a picture. It was the most beautiful picture I've ever seen. It wasn't a sunset, a flowing river, or a flower. It was a picture of a wrist. Not a familiar wrist. But the name on it was familiar. KAYLEE QUIJAS.

To describe my emotions right now is hard, but I'll try. Kaylee has moved beyond us, and into other peoples lives. My sisters friend Meagan Fitch, wrote Kaylees name on a wrist band and did a triathalon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Los Angeles. Kaylee was part of something even though she was sick in bed. I don't know Meagan, and she doesn't know Kaylee, but we were part of her big day in LA. Thank you so much for letting my daughter be part of something so special. Thank you!


The employees at my mothers work have sent us a card and money. They have no idea who we are but we are connected through my mom. I thank all of you. Tammie was a waitress before this happened, and some nice lady, a regular I suppose, has dropped off cards several times, anonymously. She has never left her name or number just the cards. We want to know who she is, but if we never get to say it personally, I'm doing it now. Thank you.


Tony Essman our neighbor and friend has dropped doughnuts off at 7:30 am, and brought cases of Gatorade more then once. He is the best and so is his wife, Beth. To have your daughter in someones thoughts at 7:30 means so much. It doesn't have to do with me, its her. She has evolved into Kaylee Quijas, not Michael Quijas' daughter, but Kaylee Marie Quijas.

I think it is hard to describe with words the moment you see your kid in the paper or on a billboard. Ideally, it would be on the Top 10 Charts of the music billboard or I'd even take the top grossing film of the week. But it is what it is.
Once again I thank everyone. I especially want to thank Meagan Fitch for the most beautiful picture I've ever laid eyes on and for the sweetest gesture any parent could ask for.
Thank you!

No comments: