Sunday, September 9, 2007

Inflicted




I've been writing a book for the last 10 years and I've finally found my title. Inflicted. It is appropriate for the the way things have been going. For years it was called "Come On Down" and was named that for my appearance and flop on the Price Is Right. If you saw it, I'm sorry and if you didn't thank God. I can write when I have a title for a chapter,blog, or a book. But I just didn't feel Come On Down once this crisis started. So I put the book down and focused on blogs. The response to the blogs has been incredible as far as keeping people updated on Kay and putting me in contact with long lost friends. So its been good.


The problem, if any, is that to write about my feelings it sounds so depressing. Do we have major things going on? Of course. The disease is a life changing event for our family that will be tough for 2-2.5 years. But our outlook is great. My emotions that I discuss are personal and confident but I'm broadcasting them to everyone that can read. Where do you draw the line? I enjoy writing but maybe if I had an interest like butterfly watching it could be considered educational. But the things I want to write about are me and my perspective on our life. Is that bad? I've found it therapeutic and a release when I needed it most.


So until I buy binoculars and a net to catch butterflies you're stuck with my emotions and thoughts.

No comments: