Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No Apologies...

I thought some of you might want to see a video of our family in a Lee's Summit West High School interview. I'm alittle occupied these days to worry about petty issues but I'd still like to ask "Please excuse the extra chins and gray hair."

This blog has put me in touch with so many people. Its gained some attention since the time I started and it's a little strange. I think I've talked to or communicated with several people from the past, I've had mothers at the grocery store tell me that they read my blog, and all this started from my fear for Kaylee's health. I read back when this started and it was my fear that Kaylee Quijas wasn't known. My Super-Star didn't come up on Google. I started posting her name. I'm not sure what that meant or what good it would do but I wanted people to know my kid.

I do business with people all day and none o f them know my daughter. Who cares? Well when something like this happens I start thinking about my relationships. Do these people I'm around throughout the day know I have the most polite, courteous, beautiful, talented, gifted, giving, thoughtful, friendly, charismatic, charming, child in town? No they don't because that's my private side. My decision that day was to let as many people know about my darling as possible. I'm going to share my story with the world. I going to yell it loud and proud that this person is my life. I'd much rather take condolences from people that know Kaylee, even if not personally, but through me. I didn't want apologies from someone that didn't or doesn't know my kid, no way! If my putting it out there makes someone say "well, he sure is broadcasting his life" well you have it right. I did, I am, and I will tell my story because everyone should have the privilege to know Kaylee Marie Quijas!

No comments: