Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gin Blossoms and Pepper Steak?



Memories are golden, history is priceless. It doesn't really matter the amount of time spent with someone but what you take from that time.





I am coming up on my 20 year high school reunion and I have thought a lot about my memories. I remember so much from my younger years and count back the years. Everyone has moved in different directions and taken certain paths.






I think of the 20 years. I might not know most of the people there, I might not know the people I thought I knew 20-23 years ago. But it doesn't matter because those memories have aged and are priceless. I talked with a friend I hadn't seen in years and we talked of certain times, events, and circumstances and it was golden. Those times were care free and growing years. Most of us are caught up in careers, children and relationships. The things that matter. But its those memories from simple times that seem sooo far back that mean so much. It was the few years that shaped us.




I hope that we are able to attend and if everything goes the way it has recently, we should. I have received so many emails commenting on my blog. These messages have come from friends, classmates, and strangers. The message usually starts the same - you probably don't remember me - hell, it doesn't matter if I don't remember the color of your eyes or if you didn't know my sister's names. If you remember me from 10th grade English or 9th grade Biology that means we have history. If I remember you or if you remember me, that's priceless.


I want Kaylee to be 38 and get that email. Do you remember me?

No comments: