Monday, October 27, 2014

Just Confused?

So I am high in the sky heading to a new city after spending 3 nights and 4 days in Kansas City for a funeral. I have mixed emotions about my short stay. So here it goes.
 
I was sad I had to go to a funeral. I was sad that 3 young girls lost their father. Sad a wife has to go to bed alone and wake up alone. Sad a mother lost her baby boy. Sad the world lost a wonderful man. Sad I lost my friend.
 
I was mad that life had to change for so many individuals. Mad that a family was saying goodbye to the most important man in their life on a Saturday instead of talking to him on Sunday about future plans. Mad that a wife might be wondering when it was she last kissed or said I love you to her husband. Mad that I don't understand death.
 
I was happy that I was able to attend the services. I was happy that so many people came to pay their respects. Happy to see so many faces I hadn't seen in years. Very happy I had an opportunity to say a few words about this great man and how he impacted my life. Happy that my fear of talking in public didn't win out Saturday and I was able to board this flight with no regrets. 
 
I'm confused. Confused why some of us are here for a very short time and others are here way too long. Confused how some people can be blessed with the comfort of faith during trying times while others aren't. Confused why most of us think we have tomorrow when today's not guaranteed. Just confused. Rest in peace my dear friend Tony Carr.