Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Cold Drink on a Hot Day

"The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are– bald or old or fat or poor, successful or struggling- when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength." -Charles B. Handy

I'm in Boise, Idaho for at least one more month. I have been here for over two months working. I leave here and go to a new city. Where? I'm not exactly sure. But it doesn't matter.

I spend most of my nights alone unless I go out with the crews to dinner, drinks, or where ever. But I'm usually alone. That may have bothered me or consumed me just months ago but not today.

It's an amazing feeling when you take stock and appreciate the journey you're on. I'm all alone in an apartment, in bed, with the lights out - and so comfortable. I'd be lying if I said I don't have worries, problems, or unanswered questions regarding what comes next in my life. But all those things do not matter at this exact moment. I'm alright,  right now, right here.

I've been so consumed for years about having people next to me. My family, my friends, or anyone else who wanted to go for a ride. But lately I've found that I'm OK by myself. There's something of a spiritual moment when you realize that you'll be OK. Where ever you put me, what ever is thrown at me, what ever is done to me - I'll be OK! 

I feel good. I feel healthy. But most importantly I feel like I'm starting to accept that my breaths, heartbeats, and wellness belongs to no one but me. If I don't take care of myself no one else is. So I hope that you too are comfortable in your bed, in your skin, and in your life! Finding strength in life is like finding a cold drink on a hot day! 

No comments: