Sunday, December 9, 2012

Why am I here?

What is my purpose here? A question I assume a lot of us have asked at one time or another. Some might ponder this question more than others. I know I do. I believe I am here for something more than what I am doing.

I think it's a question asked more often as you grow older. I feel I could be doing more than I am. I always thought life would be more comfortable at this period in my life. I would have never imagined that my family and I would be struggling as we are. I recognize that we have had many setbacks the past few years but that excuse only soothes the soul for a second.

I have always had a way of helping people in the past. Connections, encouragement, or cash. Today I can't seem to help myself. I have so many dreams and things I want to do but can't find that deep down surge to make them happen. In the past I always had others willing to join me in making changes but today I am alone. I take it that people have lost faith in me. The faith has faded. 

I have faith in me and maybe that's all I need. I will be back on top someday. I also believe that this stripping of me, the breaking down, is part of a bigger picture and necessary for me to grow. I see it all, but it is so damn hard to deal with when you feel you're losing your dignity, pride, and identity. Surrendering all you have and all you know is a painful thing.

Have faith in yourself, be your biggest fan, and if you find yourself being broken down and stripped of all that you know or have, just remember that the end result may expose what your true purpose is and what your calling might be. Have faith.

No comments: