Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saving Santos...

I am pleased to announce that Santos Arreola made it to Arizona for his new round of treatments. The facility specializes in alternative care and Santos needs to raise money to pay for the scheduled treatments. I am posting the info for his fund in this post and I ask everyone who follows my blog to please contribute to his fund. I went to a CPA Wednesday to get the fund transferred from a charity fund to a foundation so it can have tax benefits for those who are looking for the write off. But until that happens please help this child and mother.

If it was me I don't know what I would do. I probably would consider cruising in a convertible with a bull horn so I could get every one's attention. If you have never battled sickness in your child then I can't begin to explain the fright, scare, and helplessness one feels. You can't really grasp the feeling of not understanding why everyone isn't fundraising for your kid because you personally love your child more than life itself. That didn't come out grammatically correct but you know what I mean.

Derek Fisher, a Los Angeles Laker, was informed that his daughter had eye cancer. It made breaking news, front page of the paper, and several talk shows. I couldn't understand why his child got a ticker tape on the bottom of every major channel and my daughter barely made the paper. Sure I know Derek is famous but that didn't matter to me. My kid is just important. This was the attitude I had at the time. Today I know that there is a method to the madness. It's getting your story in front of people. This is where I come in.

I will fight to get a child in the public. I will do it with phone calls, I will do it face to face, or I'll do it with emails. So if it seems like I'm always selling myself - it's because I am! I want people to answer my calls. I want people to know about the special kids I get the opportunity to meet. It is a blessing to see first hand the fight so many families face because it motivates you to do something.

So tonight I ask you to join my fight for Santos Arreola. Put yourself in his mother's place tonight and think how hard it would be for you and your family. Contribute to the saving Santos fund!

Check out his Mother's blog http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/santosarreola

Industrial State Bank

Att: Santos Arreola Treatment Fund

Account # 130000794872

P.O Box 6007

Kansas City, KS 66106

No comments: