Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The motivation for my speech...3-02-08

(My fake speech if I ever had the chance)

Thank you for joining me tonight. I want to talk to you today about something besides courage, fortitude, and fight. A topic of many discussions. I want to talk about love. I speak of love tonight because I feel it, I feel it with every ounce of me.



As a child you look across the table at your parents, siblings, and family and feel that thing that you know as love. As a kid you lay your head down at night you can't wait to wake and feel that love all over again for another day. When you hit a certain age you write the word out of admiration. We often draw the heart to signify our love. We confide to our best friends and family when we think we find love and when we whisper those three words. I love you.





Eventually most will set a date and time so they can announce to the world the newfound love they have and the plans set for a life of love. This silly word now becomes serious and we start a family. As we become older, love is a subject of home, heart, and mind. Rarely spoken of outside the family and our circle of friends. Maybe this is an age thing. Our love becomes our guarded assett.




Tonight I open up outside the home, and ask you to be accepting. I might speak of this thing called love and some might say not here not now. Well I say "why not?" I am in love and I feel love, and I want to discuss my love. It just happens to be the love of my children I want to speak of.




I had love before my kids, but the love I felt after the kids is the love that is the most worth while for me.

No comments: