Monday, November 17, 2008

Leaving...

Today Kerry was put to rest. I rested after we came home. I was tired. I told myself I wasn't going to do anything after the funeral. It had tired me. Last night I could not sleep. I had an ache in my stomache. I find other reasons for it, but I think it was, I know it was, all this sickness and the toll it's taken on me. I have no room to talk about the pain and sadness but it hit me. I was involved.

I will probably take a sabatical from writing until the next thing. I usually find something that sparks something in me, but I'm going to take a rest for now. I was honored to be a Pallbearer for Kerry. I had Kaleb Kern from AdAesthetics make the video for the family that played throughout the service. I was impressed with him being there and working this projector for the family. He never met her and yet he did that and also built a websit for her months ago. Kaleb you're alright! Chewy who does my installs drove the family in the limo. He too was an honor to watch at the funeral. He got emotional as he drove the mother, Claudia, from the cemetary. He was crying and I thought what good people. Kaleb, Chewy, and countless others who gave to be giving and for no other reason.

Christina Jasso you are an angel. You handled every arrangement, stayed at the hospital, and pulled money from your own funds to help when it was needed. I learned so much from this. Giving is good. Helping is good. Loving a family that's not yours is good stuff when the love is needed. I was blessed by this, I was blessed today from words from different people. Something inside me matured today. I made a small difference in a famiy's life and I felt good doing it.

I have to end with a observation. I don't know how anyone could leave their child at a cemetary. I know you have to do it but it was the reality. I would never want to leave my child alone. Tammie said it perfect that your body is only a vehicle but I wouldn't want to leave my child's vehicle anywhere. That was the hardest part for me. How hard would it be to drive off and leave that child you've loved. It was tough to watch.

No comments: