Saturday, November 15, 2008

The hardest thing...


I went to the funeral home yesterday to make arraingements for Kerry's burial Monday. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Claudia collapsed on the way in. She cried and sobbed, prayed and yelled. I tried to be strong but I cried a couple times.

It was me, Christina Jasso, and Claudia. We got everything handled. I didn't do much but I was there. I feel blessed that Claudia had me and Chrstina with her. Claudia had me and Chrstina. What would she have done if we weren't there? Scary. The fact that the funeral plans were for a 15 yr-old hurt. I know that most other parents, especially one's with children fighting leukemia, wouldn't have traveled to the funeral home. I know because I've had several people ask me what I'm doing. Well I'll explain it again, Cluadia had no one there besides me and Christina. If I hadn't of went then it would have been just Christina. Christina was introduced to Claudia through me. So tell me what would you have done? It was hard for me but something I had to do.

I hope some of you will go to the funeral. Kerry was tough and it was an honor knowing her. Please come if you can from 9-11 Monday at

Bales Baptist Church
3414 E. 12th St.
Kansas City, MO

No comments: