Thursday, October 16, 2008

Any help is appreciated

I went to visit Kerry Magana tonight. She is very sick and went on a ventilator today. It was hard to see her fighting for her health. I stayed only a minute but I'm glad I went to see her. Seeing a child depend on machinery to breath really makes you conscious of how delicate and fragile life is. Without your health nothing else matters. All that other stuff is insignificant.

It is so upsetting that Kerry's grandmother cannot be here to help comfort the family. The government and their rules are so flawed. This mother of Kerry's has been sitting bedside for almost 2 months trying to be strong but she is worn out. I wish her mother, Claudia, had some relief. We are at the mercy now if someone knows someone in Immigration to help us. This case just isn't going anywhere. We need help.

I ask anyone reading this to please help me if you can. I am looking for a miracle, an angel to step up and lend me a hand. If anyone knows someone or if you know someone who knows someone then please call me or email me. I will provide you any info that you need if you can find someone to look at our file in Homeland Security/Immigration. We are desperate for any help. Time is of the essence.

Trying to help, and coming up short is troubling. You so badly want to ease some pain but it isn't happening. It is tough for me because I know how hard and exhausting the fight is when it involves your child. To help bring someone here to help split the time at the hospital would be worth more than gold. Staying in the hospital for months and listening to the beeps from the tools keeping your child alive is a nightmare and can drive you insane. You have to stay healthy for the fight but how could one person do it. We never stayed more then 2-3 weeks, I can't imagine being there for 2 months. It was only by splitting shifts at the hospital that me and Tammie survived the time we did at CMH. It breaks my heart to think about Tammie and Kaylee fighting alone. It might be that thought that motivates me to do all I can for Kerry and Claudia.

No comments: