Friday, August 1, 2008

Cool and Happy...

I had a good day today. I was all over the city fixing computers. I was with a friend early today and I commented how I was sick of running around. I have to be here, there, and everywhere. I worrying about my salesmen, I worry about my locations, I worry about the computers scattered through out the city. I worry about 100 plasma & LCD screens. I worry about the advertisers, I worry about advancement, I worry about investors, I worry about bank loans. I worry about my restaurant owners, and I worry about health.
Although today, during the course of my day, I came to the conclusion that I enjoy doing my thing. If I was doing it on someone else's clock then I'd be miserable. But sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side. You do your daily thing and it seems like your neighbor's grind is more appealing than yours. Relationships, work, or possessions can be viewed the same as well. They have have something that I want. Or do they? It doesn't always happen to me, it isn't something I dwell on, but every once in awhile I start eyeing everyone else and their thing.


It didn't take long for me to snap out of it today though. My home was so comfortable when I arrived home. The air condition was nice and cold. Tammie had brats on the grill and Christian had both of our golf clubs ready for a twilight tee time. Kaylee was getting ready to head to a friend's house and all the pets greeted me at the door. It doesn't get any better then that.


We might not be the richest family, we might not be the happiest family at times, but we are family and we are comfortable. I think providing comfort for your family is very important. If you have comfort sprinkled with some love then it is all good. What more could a man ask for? Well my advice to you is this. Be happy with what you have and if you feel it isn't right then try to change it. Set your thermostat low, have plenty of charcoal or propane, and keep your eye on the ball. It's those people who search for things outside their home that ultimately find out that the grass is the same across the street or around the block!

No comments: