Saturday, June 28, 2008

Don't let the sickness steal your smile...

I was thinking the other day what advice Kaylee would give me concerning myself and sickness. I turned the tables, and thought what piece of knowledge would Kaylee bestow upon me if she thought I had the fight of my life at hand. Here's what I came up with. She would tell me never lose my smile and my sense of humor. I'm sure of it. She would never want me to surrender or lose my personality. I think if we switched roles, that would be the one thing that would deflate Kay - me losing that laugh.



I truly enjoy life and love laughing. Laughing was what got us through those first days. Even though Kaylee got severely sick we laughed, smiled, and cried occasionally. But our internal medicine was laughter. We never let the sickness steal our smile. Sure it's gotten tough at times, but we found humor somewhere. So keep your smile if sickness knocks at your door because it might be that smile that eases someones pain!

No comments: