Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Can you help?...

If you read this and can help, please let me know. I want to give a small business immediate exposure in Kansas City's top Restaurants, Nightclubs, and Sports Bars in exchange for a reliable car that I will be donating to help a young man get to work so he can feed his family.

My offer is to put your commercial - that I will produce for free - in front of 250k people per/mo. Our commercials alone would be more than a reliable car, plus combine that with the service/exposure I am offering. We have new P & L District, Legends, Johnson County,and Lee's Summmit markets. I think you'll find that this good deed and city wide coverage will help you professionally and personally.So if you have an extra set of wheels just sitting there, I promise I can get you noticed in a captive way that turns heads!

I spent time with this young 25 year-old yesterday. We had lunch and talked about his dilema. He is from Southern Missouri, a bright young man, and a soon to be father. His car completely died several weeks ago making it impossible to get to work. Eventually he lost his descent paying job because he had no ride to work. The lack of credit and down payment has punched him in the eye. It reminds me when we had Kaylee and no car. I walked to work in Brookside. So I completely agree when people say that everyone will work past any situation that presents itself but this is a hard one. This man wants to work but there is no transit by the home. He wants to work and his track record proves it.

I've decided to help but I don't have an extra $1500 for a car. We have our own troubles here at Fort Quijas. But I am willing to give the only thing I have and that is prime advertising exposure in Kansas City. Please think about it. I know how it gets when life gets you down if certain basic needs aren't met. Having no family that can lend a hand is tough. Having to walk to a job that pays half of what you're used to because you've exhausted all rides to a jobsite that demands you be there at 6:30 am. Bringing less money in the door when your bills stay the same or increase is frustrating. I know. This young man told me he didn't want any hand out but felt he was falling into a cycle. I'm familiar with that cycle. You do the right thing every morning but one small glitch derails everything. Everyone needs some help every once in a while!

No comments: