Monday, March 10, 2008

Sonic...

Today was a great day. I came into contact with an old friend from grade school who films the Sonic commercials for Barkley Evergreen. His name is Charlie and we went to St. Agnes together. He was a few years older than me but I remember him well.

I was told by my wife that a little girl who frequents Children's Mercy with us, Jillian Sharp, likes Sonic Drive-In. Jillian is a child that is fighting health issues as well. We are in clinic and occasionally admitted in the hospital on the same days. Her parents both went to the same high school as Tammie and I.

It just happens that Charlie is flying out to Phoenix to shoot a commercial with the Sonic crew this week. Charlie offered to get us signed pictures of the actors! We are excited to be part of the Sonic family even for a day! I'm so amazed at the kindness of people.

It is so nice to witness generosity from others. Most people might not remember that they over heard someone saying they like Sonic, but since this sickness thing I try to remember every little detail about the kids and what they like. Maybe it's because I know their dislikes, hospital visits, needles, and the inconvenience of being in the hospital when they should be at school playing.

I hope that Kaylee and Jillian enjoy the honor of someone taking the time to do something special for them. I know that they have so much on their plates that has to do with serious stuff, maybe this will give them a break for a moment. Thank you Charlie D.

No comments: