Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hike for Discovery Fashion Show

I want to thank everyone for helping us during the last several months. I was eating at Beauchamp's on the Rail in Lee's Summit, MO on Monday and Jeff McKinnel the GM called me into the office and showed me a flyer for a benefit in honor of Kaylee. The event is tomorrow at Jerry's Bait Shop, and it is a fashion show that will include a raffle. The proceeds will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Hike for Discovery program. It will help donate and generate money for the team that is sponsoring Kay. The person that was hustling for the program was Kate Mahurin. I called her unexpectedly tonight. If it was against the rules I apologize but I felt compelled to tell her thank you. Please make a donation to her in Kaylee's name. It is easy and quick http://www.active.com/donate/hfdmida/KMahuri I ask you to donate whatever you can. Please go to Kate's link and take a look. Forward the link to family and friends and remember that this is for anyone fighting blood cancer but it's my daughters team and it means the world to me. I really have never asked for any donations but I am today. I can't tell you how great everyone is at L.L.S. , they help families such as ours in a time of need. If you would kindly donate to this link I would appreciate it, so would Kaylee. If you can make the Fashion Show tomorrow it would be nice. I'm not sure if you'll catch me there at any certain time because we happen to have our cheerleader banquet at the same time. I am going to float between the two but I can't guarantee what time I'll be there. Please get involved in a great cause!

No comments: