Friday, January 25, 2008

Light at the End...

I met with Blue Cross this afternoon and we discussed my best options for insuring my first 10 kids. As I was sitting there listening to detailed coverage I couldn't help but think how many times I have heard that insurance medical lingo. I never had any interest in that verbiage and I still don't. It was always Chinese before and still is. The difference is those things they talk about are things that can happen. Max coverage, catastrophic circumstances, and deductibles. I realized how it used to be so boring and irrelevant. Today it hits home even if it's boring. It's relevant.

It reminds me when you're young and people older then you always talk about insurance coverage and how you can't drive this car because you're not covered under the insurance. This always sounded so stupid because I wasn't going to wreck or nothing was going to happen to ME. I now know what they were talking about. Those stories are real and those circumstances can happen. You just pray it doesn't happen to you.

To think anyone loves their kid as much as me is impossible. We all think that right? I sometimes think that if everyone knew how much I loved my kid then everyone would know the pain. Well I hope we all love our kids that way. I know we all feel love towards our kids equally but when you start taking inventory because you think you might lose that love it is hard on you.

I look at Kay and I have so much admiration for her. She hasn't been to school this year. We are in our second semester and she has only walked in the school doors once this year. Her purpose there was unrelated to studies. We have been spending much of our time with children and teenagers that are missing their hair. Her sweet little head is growing hair. Her legs are starting to get strong and they are gaining weight daily. Our immune system is at a strong level and we feel better. We can see light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: