Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kip Cleveland...

Do you like your job? I ask you that question because I absolutely love what I do. I'm sure that there's times that I've hated it. But today I love it. I love it when I hear people talk about In Ad TV. This is awesome for me because it's like my idea that got into the main stream. It was my pencil and eraser that penned out the name on a piece of scratch paper.

I sit in my office sometimes and listen to people make sales calls. They say I'm so and so from In Ad TV. I get a kick out of that. To hear that this thing has moved from the garage and into the real world is an honor. I think about the times I sat alone with this business on my back, weighing me down, and not knowing if this dream was really worth it. Today is has bought me freedom. It is my partner!

I suggest that you follow your heart and instinct if you should ever do your own thing. The forest gets pretty thick and resolution seems to disappear. I say this because I believe everyone has a part of them that would love to start their own business. This business might be a hobby that has potential. So many people I know get into a position in life where they think they are stuck. Stuck with that dry paycheck, crusty co-workers, and a miserable drive each morning. But let me remind you that you are not stuck. You can do what you want. Hard work might lay ahead of you, an investment of time may be due, but success is there for the taking. My drive comes from times that I would have a "NORMAL JOB" and hear my fellow co-workers bounce ideas off of each other for that next big thing.

I remember a gentleman named Kip Cleveland in Los Angeles. He was an engineer by schooling but was selling auto's in LA with me. He would always say "there has to be something better out there. That one thing that can take care of everything." He was referring to an invention, a service, a song. Anything that could let you enjoy yourself and pay your bills.

Kip quite and disappeared. Rumors floated around that he was driving a meals on wheels truck. Sure enough, I was standing on the lot waiting for a customer, when I heard a loud horn sound. I turn to notice a Hot Dog Truck or Coffee Truck, something pull in. There was Kip behind the steering wheel. He had made the leap. He is pushing out a product and turning a buck. He made the move and did what most others can't or won't do. Well I have to go but enjoy your day at whatever you do. Some of us will be putting toppings on hot dogs, others will be spending time in the restroom adjusting TV screens, and you might be answering someone elses phone. Let's just be happy that we are doing something and we have somewhere that we have to be.

No comments: