Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Hand...



Me and Kaylee went to a late movie last night. We saw a movie called Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox Story. It was funny and entertaining. It could have been any movie really, just getting Kay out is an enjoyment. We have it figured out, Tuesday night is going to be slow as far as a attendance and that is the perfect setting for us. Our immune system is building up but it is low and slow. Our new treatments start this morning. Kay and Tammie are at the hospital as I write. I guess we had to go early so they could perform an EKG. Columbia & CMH both forgot to give her an EKG at the start of this. They are supposed to be monitoring her little heart. The liver concerns may have made them overlook this procedure. A heart scan. Who would of ever predicted?

I'd much rather be buying shoes for the bowling league or pom pom's for cheerleading. But this is our life for now and we'll go to the doctors office four hours before our scheduled appointment if we have to. I have to think that good has come from this. I mean, what would I be doing right now if I wasn't dealing with cancer in my child? Probably cruising through life without much thought of where I want to be and who is important. Not appreciating as much as one should.

I am going to embrace the fact that bad things can happen to great kids. Good things can happen to bad people. There's no rhyme or reason to life. It's recognizing the signs and course you're supposed to take. I'm going to make our experience a helpful one. It will help make me a better person and it will be the drive for me to help those who need a hand. Everyone needs a hand from time to time. May my experience be the extended hand to others.

No comments: