Monday, December 17, 2007

Be My Guest...


I'm finding that there is a common denominator between all of us who are fighting sickness, disease, and stress. This bond includes immediate family, extended family, and friends. We are hit with the reality that sickness has creeped up and invaded our family or someone in our circle. We went from the it won't happen clan to the how could this happen stand.





It's the immediate family that I start to see the changes in. I can only speak of us who have kids fighting. We talk about blessings and silver linings. We talk about the love and the appreciation. This event has opened our eyes to fact that we are a statistic. The day we were told, it put us in the category. The cancer category.



I'm not normal and I think most of you know it. I write and carry on about this certain situation we are dealing with. I think aloud. I write it out and I'm all over the place at times. How many people would do or say what I do. Well I'll tell you why I do these things, but let me share a story first. When I was at the benefit for Bailee the other night we got into a conversation about insurance. Someone was talking about a young man 22 yrs. old who was attending college when he got sick. He wasn't able to attend school any longer because of his illness so he wasn't covered under his parents insurance policy any longer. When he was cancelled he was no longer welcomed at the Children's Hospital. You might say, well he is too old to be there but he was there receiving treatment, the best treatment, until the TECHNICALITY conveniently worked into the battle. He was discharged and had to seek treatment else where. Devastation. Those parents are selling everything they own to get him to Houston for life saving treatments. A move to save their son.

I'm one that likes to think a head. If we were in need of a transplant and it was deemed experimental or if our insurance was to run out, I would find a way to pay for it. I WOULD WRITE A BOOK, I WOULD SELL A TV CHANNEL, I WOULD WRITE, PRODUCE, AND DIRECT A MOVIE, I WOULD FIND SOME TALENTED SINGERS AND RECORD A TOP TEN SONG, I WOULD INVENT A PRODUCT THAT EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN AMERICA WOULD NEED OR WANT. That's my mind set and that's why I do what I do.


This blog is back up. It was started so no one would forget Kaylee. I wasn't sure what direction we were heading. I made it a point to get Kaylee out there. As I wrote I realized that I'm putting together our story. Besides helping me vent, besides helping me with the evaluation of the day and our direction, it could possibly sell and help us! That works for me. If it works for me then it's OK, right? Well I like writing and I enjoy reading what I write after I write it. That's strong stuff. Not my writing but actually getting to read my writings from yesterday, last week, or six months ago. The blog.




Well I'm going to continue utilizing this outlet and I'm going to write what I want. If I'm a little soft and if you could do this better then I apologize. You can take our place and you can show us how to react, how to respond, and how to fight this with dignity. Be my guest. My blog and my plan B.

No comments: